“Be with people in silence; don’t spend precious time and energy in idle talk. Eat in silence; work in silence. God loves silence.” — Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda
On many weekends throughout the year, the monastics of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India lead How-to-Live Retreat programmes, tailored for those who are studying and practicing the teachings of Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda through the YSS Lessons.
During these weekends, retreatants are expected to stay in silence, and take part in morning-evening group meditations, review and practice of the YSS meditation techniques, and classes on various aspects of the YSS teachings. They can seek personal counselling from the YSS sannyasis during their stay.
Conducted Spiritual Retreat in December 2019:
Day & Date
Place & Address
Friday to Sunday
December 14-15, 2019
Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendra—Dihika
Near Damodar Rail Gate, Damodar
Post: Surjanagar, Pin: 713 361
Dist.: Burdwan, West Bengal
Phone Nos: (0341) 2014542, 9163146566
At Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendra - Dihika, individuals who are students of the Yogoda Satsanga Society of India Lessons will find an environment conducive to God-centered living in the tranquil beauty of the ashram. Here are some guidelines for the conducted retreats:
- Conducted weekend retreats begin Friday evening and conclude Sunday afternoon. Because of the number of requests received for participation in conducted retreats, it is important that reservations be made well in advance.
- Retreats are open only to YSS/ SRF lesson students. Please book in advance, either by calling Dakshineswar Ashram or by sending an email to email@example.com or registering on the website.
- Normally, individual accommodation will be provided within the ashram.
- Classes will be in English or Bengali as mentioned.
- Only those devotees who plan to attend the whole retreat may apply.
- If there is over-booking for any retreat, preference will be given to those devotees who have not attended any retreat in the past 4 months. Otherwise, booking will be done on a first-come-first-served basis.
To view the detailed Schedule of Events - Dakshineswar (January to June 2020), click here.