"The greatest influence in your life, stronger even than your will power, is your environment."
- Paramahansa Yogananda
On many weekends throughout the year, the monastics of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India lead How-to-Live Retreat programmes, tailored for those who are studying and practicing the teachings of Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda through the YSS Lessons.
During these weekends, retreatants are expected to stay in silence, and take part in morning-evening group meditations, review and practice of the YSS meditation techniques, and classes on various aspects of the YSS teachings. They can seek personal counseling from the YSS sannyasis during their stay.
Venue: Yogoda Satsanga Math, Dakshineswar
Date: 21st September 2018 - 23rd September 2018
Conducted weekend retreats begin Friday evening and conclude Sunday afternoon. Because of the number of requests received for participation in conducted retreats, it is important that reservations be made well in advance.
At the Dakshineswar Ashram, individuals who are students of the Yogoda Satsanga Society of India Lessons will find an environment conducive to God-centered living in the tranquil beauty of the ashram. Here are some guidelines for the conducted retreats:
- Retreats are open only to YSS/ SRF lesson students. Please book in advance, either by calling Dakshineswar Ashram or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or registering on the website.
- Normally, individual accommodation will be provided within the ashram.
- Classes will be in Bengali.
- Only those devotees who plan to attend the whole retreat may apply.
- If there is over-booking for any retreat, preference will be given to those devotees who have not attended any retreat in the past 4 months. Otherwise, booking will be done on a first-come-first-served basis.